Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review: Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

Carpe Corpus (Morganville Vampires, #6) by Rachel Caine
Publisher: Penguin Australia
publication date: December 10th, 2009
number of pages: 356 pgs
Format: Paperback
Purchase: Amazon | The Book Depository

In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace—until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He’s kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths.

He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants—the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?

This book opens up with everything gone to smack. Like basically everything.
Claire well has been working for the enemy, and she basically has to choice. None of them do at this point.
Amelie has gone missing. And everyone seems to blame Claire because she is the one good person who is meant to be on the good side, not the bad one.

Shane is locked up with his father, again. I know, this seems to be becoming a habit, doesn't it?
Everything seems to have changed for just about everyone in Morganville, and until they can find a way to get rid of Bishop that seems to be the way it will stay.

When Amelie does turn up, Claire gets a surprise of her life to learn something startling that things just might be more interesting than she originally thought. Just maybe... there is a way to get Bishop out of the way.

I really enjoyed this book. It was full of action and suspense. I like that Claire had interactions with many people. From Amelie, to Oliver to her friends and new people included.

There was finally a conclusion to the Bishop situation, finally and I was so glad. He is one character I really hated, but I guess that was the purpose. I do live villians, and just just people pretending to be a villian. 


Rating: 5/5


2 comments:

  1. thanks for your give me a information .. i like it and don forget to visit my website in Obat Ginjal Herbal and Obat Hipertensi Herbal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just read many blogs and Your blog is different, it means something special to me. You have written well about Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine. Yeah of course This book opens up with everything gone to smack. Like basically everything. But I'm a little busy. I have to tell some of my friends that buy assignment papers he is waiting for my answer by the way, I love informative blogs that also help. I enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post.

    ReplyDelete